Monday, 6 April 2009

the problem with onions.....and some delicious facts


they make me cry, they give me smelly breath, they isolate me from others, they think they are better than garlic, they do not have any sympathy, they can cause damage to the cornea, they mock your sensitivity, they exasperate lions.

Some facts about onions:
-In ancient Greece athletes ate lots of onions to lighten the balance of the blood
-During the Middle Ages, physcicians prescribed onions to alleviate headaches, snakebites and even hair loss
-onions were so important to Europeans that they used them as currency in the Middle Ages to pay for essentials such as rent. They were even given as gifts.

(by the way guys I am not talking gibberish, I found this info on a crop sheet about onions)

1 comment:

Thuy said...

Haha if I become a doctor I'll give my patient's onions, instead of painkillers.
Btw I liked the intro